Heritage Conservation Centre, Singapore
Job location:Lieu de travail : Singapore – 32 Jurong Port Road, Singapore 619104
More info:Plus d’infos : URL
The successful candidate would be based at HCC, where it is the main repository of the national collection under the custodianship of the National Heritage Board (NHB), Singapore. The conservator would be expected to contribute to the smooth operation and delivery of exhibitions, projects and events of museums and institutions under NHB and Visual Arts Cluster (VAC) of the Ministry of Culture, Community and Youth (MCCY) by assisting in conservation related tasks and activities (operational and administrative) in accordance with institutional procedures and project timelines.
The main work location would be at HCC, a purpose-built facility that houses the National Collection and fully fledged conservation and conservation science laboratories. HCC carries out collections management function and conservation services. He or she would be required to work on-site at the museums and galleries when the need arises.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
• Carries out conservation assessments, documentation and treatments to artworks and artefacts according to HCC procedures, instructions and guidelines.
• The main conservation treatment focus is on modern and contemporary works of art on paper and associated exhibition support. There will also be treatment and exhibition support on other paper materials such as documents and papers, photographs, etc., assignment by the Head of Paper Section.
• Involves in preventive work such as mounting and framing, recommending environmental settings for short or long term display of artefacts/artworks.
• Provides advice on transport, handling and display requirements whenever necessary.
• Performs and assists in exhibition related tasks such as packing/unpacking for installation/de-installation.
• Participates and performs administrative duties in the paper section, ranging from coordinating meetings, preparing agendas, minutes of meetings, report writing, operational procedures and any procurement as assigned by the head of paper section.
• Any other ah-hoc duties and projects assigned.
• May be involved in conservation study or research projects. Continue reading…