fromdu 08 November 2017 toau 10 November 2017
Organized by:Organisé par :
Conference organizing committee, Stadt Wien, Austria
Location of event:Lieu de l’événement : Wien, Austria
More info:Plus d’infos : URL
View the program online!
22 Conference on
Cultural Heritage and
November 8–10, 2017
City Hall, Vienna, Austria
Combining archaeology, history, and new technologies
The aim of this conference is to enhance the collaboration between historians and archaeologists and related disciplines using new technologies.
– Application of effective 3D-methods for the reconstruction of buildings
– Additional digital methods for the combined visualisation of archaeological and historical data.
– Application of new technologies to assess the archaeological record based on historical data and/or combining historical sources and archaeological data in a GIS.
– Games, apps, and teaching software integrating archaeological and historical knowledge.
– Historical data as a basis for checking or validating digital tools applied in archaeology.
– Dealing with inscriptions: digital methods for enhancing readability, pattern recognition of letters or pictograms, comparison of hand writing.
– Statistical analysis investigating the correlation between historical place names and archaeological evidence.
Call for PAPER – POSTER – APP – SCIENCE SLAM
Extended until June 21th 2017
Early bird registration until October 02nd 2017
Submission of abstracts deadline :21 June 2017