fromdu 29 November 2017 toau 01 December 2017
Organized by:Organisé par :
Association of European Royal Residences (ARRE) , National Museum of the Palace of Versailles and Trianon (EPV) , Centre de recherche du château de Versailles (CRCV), France
Location of event:Lieu de l’événement : Paris, France
More info:Plus d’infos : URL
The conference will take place at the Palace of Versailles Auditorium from 29 November to 1 December 2017.
– Association of European Royal Residences (ARRE)
– National Museum of the Palace of Versailles and Trianon (EPV)
– Centre de recherche du château de Versailles (CRCV)
in collaboration with the International Committee for Historic House Museums (DEMHIST).
Places are limited so please register before 15th October 2017 here.
Members of the Network of European Royal Residences and DEHMIST benefit from a preferential rate.
This conference will gather scientists, palace-museum and heritage institution professionals and proprietors of historic houses from all around the world together. The plenary sessions and round tables will offer the opportunity to exchange about the preventive conservation of historic houses, the findings of research’s from internationally renowned museum and conservation professionals and the results of EPICO research programme.
During this Conference three Plenary Sessions will be organized:
• Evaluating Collections and Risk Assessment: Methodologies and Applications
• From Assessment to Planning: Managing Preventive Conservation in Historic Houses
• Science applied to the preventive conservation of in situ collections: essential support for conservation diagnostics and actions
Five round tables will allow for the exchange about :
• Preventive conservation and buildings works in historic houses
• Preventive conservation and building envelope: maintenance protocols
• Preventive conservation and climate control in historic houses
• Preventive conservation and light control in historic houses
• Preventive conservation and collection care in historic houses
Visits and a Dinner:
• Visit of the Palace of Versailles
• Visit of the Palace of Trianon
• A Dinner at the Palace of Versailles
Thanks to the support of the French Ministry for Culture and Communication, the conference will be held in French and English, with simultaneous translation.
An e-publication of proceedings is planned for the year 2018.
Contact Mail: email@example.com
Registration deadline: 15 October 2017