Collection Storage Tips & Tricks is a dynamic resource created by ICCROM and the Canadian Conservation Institute (CCI) following an international call for images launched in December 2015. In these pages, we showcase the creative and cost-effective ideas that collections professionals from around the world have developed to store various types of cultural objects and collections.
Share your ideas with the world! This is an evolving resource, which will continue to expand. Share your own storage idea by sending it to email@example.com. Be sure to include:
- the type of object
- the materials used or re-used to create the storage solution
- why this system is better than before.
Important notice: By sending images, all contributors acknowledge that the images are theirs, that they have the permission to send them, and that they are willing to share them under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International licence (some contributions may be edited for length and clarity).
“Collection Storage Tips & Tricks” is connected to the RE-ORG International initiative launched by ICCROM in 2012. RE-ORG is step-by-step methodology to help small institutions reorganize their storage areas for improved access and conservation, which was developed by ICCROM and UNESCO from 2007-2011.
- RE-ORG International: Projects for Collections Documentation and Storage
- Past and current activities
- RE-ORG website
- RE-ORG: A methodology for reorganizing museum storage developed by ICCROM and UNESCO (CeROArt, 6 | 2011)
- RE-ORG Belgium