|| New publication
'Cultural Heritage in Postwar Recovery'
20 September. The proceedings of the 2005 ICCROM Forum on 'Cultural Heritage in Postwar Recovery' have now been published.
Papers presented at the Forum focused on: the dynamism of identity, records of memory, handicrafts and traditions, landscape and environment, and reconstruction.
The book, edited by Nicholas Stanley-Price, is priced at 35 euros, can be purchased from the online bookshop.
publications (at) iccrom.org
- The thread of continuity: cultural heritage in postwar recovery
- Cultural destruction by war, and its impact on group identities
- Postwar reconstruction and the recovery of cultural heritage: critical lessons from the last fifteen years
- Divided cities and ethnic conflict in the urban domain
- Hmong postwar identity production: heritage maintenance and cultural reinterpretation
Gary Yia Lee
- Recovering a family heritage: a personal experience in east Germany
Hermann Graf Von Pückler
- Political conflict and recovery of cultural heritage in Palestine
Suad Amiry and Khaldun Bshara
- Armed conflict and culture change in Chiapas, Mexico
- The restoration of the temple of the tooth Relic in Kandy, Sri Lanka: a post-conflict cultural response to loss of identity
- Armed conflicts, peace culture and protection of cultural heritage in West Africa
Boureima Tiékoroni Diamitani
- Promoting cultural heritage in a postwar environment:
the Côte d’ivoire
- Promoting cultural heritage in postwar recovery: El Salvador
Héctor Ismael Sermeño
17 October, 2007