The Museum of Modern Art, États Unis
Job location:Lieu de travail : New York, NY, États Unis
The Museum of Modern Art is currently accepting applications for the
position of Assistant Media Conservator to work within the Media
Conservation section of the David Booth Conservation Department and Center. This role involves working collaboratively on a wide-range of modern and contemporary works across all curatorial departments and participating in all departmental activities, including examination, documentation, treatment, and research of collection materials, as well as exhibition, collection care, loan, and courier
Reporting to the Associate Media Conservator and the Agnes Gund Chief
Conservator, the incumbent will have the following specific
– Examines, documents, and treats media artworks in the collection that include audio, film, video, performance, and software-based artworks.
– Participates in all departmental activities, including acquisition, preparation of works for exhibition, collection care, loans, and research.
– Condition-assesses all forms of media works, including, but not limited to, audio, film, video, and software.
– Assists with the maintenance of the media conservation lab, including
researching, maintaining, and updating both equipment and software.
– Works collaboratively across departments at the Museum, including Conservation, curatorial, Audio Visual, Exhibition Planning and Design, and Collection Management and Exhibition Registration.
– Assists with the daily operation of the Museum?s digital repository, including ingesting of digital artwork material, collaborating with the ongoing development, and other repository related tasks.
– Conducts research centering on media conservation protocols, new tools, and technologies related to artists? practice and methods.
– Participates in training and supervision of interns and fellows. Lire suite…