Museum of Modern Art, United States
Job location:Lieu de travail : New York, NY
The Museum of Modern Art is currently accepting applications for the position of Assistant or Associate Paper Conservator to work within the Paper Conservation section of the David Booth Conservation Department and Center. This role involves working collaboratively on a wide-range of modern and contemporary works across all curatorial departments, and participating in all departmental activities, including examination, documentation, treatment, and research of collection materials, as well as exhibition, collection care, loan, and courier responsibilities. Reporting to the Paper Conservator and The Agnes Gund Chief Conservator, the incumbent will have the following specific responsibilities:
· Examines, documents, and treats paper works in the collection through written and photographic documentation.
· Participates in all departmental activities, including acquisition, preparation of works for exhibition, collection care, loans, and research.
· Monitors hinging, matting, storage, environmental conditions, and other preventive conservation steps for the collection on an on-going basis.
· Assists with the maintenance of work areas in the conservation lab, including researching supplies and equipment, maintaining materials, and replenishing supplies.
· Works collaboratively across departments at the Museum, including Conservation, curatorial, Exhibition Planning and Design, and Collection Management and Exhibition Registration.
· Conducts research centering on treatment protocols, artist materials, and methods.
· Participates in training and supervision of interns and fellows.