Position and Grade: Library and Document Delivery Clerk, Library – G-1/2
Organizational Unit: Knowledge and Communication Services
Duty Station: Rome, Italy
Type and Duration of Appointment: Fixed-term, 1 year contract with possibility of extension
Application Deadline: 7 July 2017
Under the managerial supervision of the Manager, Knowledge and Communication Services and Chief Librarian, and in collaboration with other staff members of the Knowledge and Communication Services, the Library and Document Delivery Clerk performs a variety of clerical and customer-service related duties of a routine nature in accordance with standard procedures and clear and concise instructions.
Note: at least 80% of incumbent’s time is to be assigned to Library work, and not more than 20% on collaboration with other departments (Bookshop etc…) .
Duties and Responsibilities
- Library reading room reference service (on a prearranged schedule shared with other Library colleagues);
- Document delivery service according to predefined Library procedures, along with photocopying and binding services, also for ICCROM governance schedule;
- Small book repairs and labelling;
- Book shop sales, shipping, tracking and inventory administration;
- Other tasks as assigned.
Secondary school education.
At least two years of progressively responsible clerical and database input experience.
Working knowledge of English and basic knowledge of at least one (1) other language important to the ICCROM Library from the following list: French, German, Italian, Spanish, sufficient for simple communications with Library users and colleagues.
Computer skills related to email and commonly used office programmes. Tact, courtesy, discretion and ability to work harmoniously with people of a different national, educational and cultural backgrounds.
- Familiarity with library environment.
- Familiarity with or previous exposure to cultural heritage and its conservation.
- Familiarity with additional languages for cataloguing and communication with Library users.
- Experience with book sales.
The annual salary for this fixed term General Service staff position is correlated with the United Nations Salary Scale for Rome locally recruited staff at the G-1/2 level.
How to Apply
Applications including curriculum vitae and cover letter in English or French should be sent, marked CONFIDENTIAL, by July 7th, 2017, to the following address:
Internal applicants should submit a letter of application and updated curriculum vitae.
For more information on ICCROM please consult our website at www.iccrom.org.