Employer: Prince Claus Fund for Culture and Development
Job location: Amsterdam
The Cultural Emergency Response (CER) programme of the Prince Claus Fund for Culture and Development supports and coordinates first aid initiatives for cultural heritage affected by conflict or disaster in direct collaboration with local partners in the affected communities. In 2021 the Cultural Emergency Response programme will transition into being an independent organisation starting from 2022. It strives to make the field of heritage rescue more inclusive and to strengthen local response capacities through relief projects, regional investment, training and networking initiatives. It wants to create a world in which all communities affected by disaster or conflict can rescue and safeguard the heritage which is important to them. It works closely with like-minded organisations to strengthen, connect and professionalise the field. It takes the lead in demonstrating the importance and impact of cultural relief.
The Manager Cultural Emergency Response prepares, develops, implements, administers and evaluates the various projects and activities of the programme and supports the transition, development and growth of the programme into an independent organisation. The Manager CER reports to the Head of Cultural Emergency Response.
For the Manager CER we are looking for a person who:
• Has completed HBO+/WO with 5 to 7 years of experience working in project management and/or programme development, preferably in the fields of cultural heritage or humanitarian response.
• Has an affinity with the Cultural Emergency Response programme’s work and believes in the need to safeguard people’s culture in crisis situations.
• Has a demonstrated track-record in project management, from conceptualising to implementation and presenting the results;
• Has experience with monitoring and evaluation processes and impact analysis and has ideas on how this could be developed and improved for CER;
• Has experience or feels equipped to take on responsibility for specific elements of the programme;
• Has great interpersonal skills and is able to adapt to different stakeholders from different cultural backgrounds, from governments to local caretakers;
• Has excellent fluency in Dutch, English, and preferably one other language.
The Manager CER is:
• A hands-on manager realising that in a start-up you wear many different hats;
• A builder ready to grow with the organisation;
• Context sensitive in volatile or crisis situations and preferably has experience working in the Global South;
• Able to work independently;
• Flexible and prepared to work outside of the 9to5 mentality;
• A talent to work under pressure;
• Excited to take this step with us!
We offer a challenging and rewarding position on an international level, working in a small and dedicated team, with a lot of individual responsibility and the opportunity to grow within a programme that stands at the beginning of the exciting transition to becoming an independent organisation. Compensation depends on experience within the salary scale G ranging between 2.742 euros – 4.476 euros/month.
Send your application to email@example.com attention of Ms Sanne Letschert before 30 November 2020.
Interviews are planned for 10 and 17 December 2020.