As the 6th edition in Matera, YOCOCU want to represent a teachable moment both for conference attendees that for the host community. For this reason, the first day of conference will be dedicated to the local community (citizen and schools), while the scientific program will be developed from 20th to 22th May. The last day will be dedicate to know some specific Georgian projects or institution dedicated to t Cultural Heritage. The aim for this edition *"HANDS ON HERITAGE: EXPERIENCING CONSERVATION, MASTERING MANAGEMENT"*
will be devoted to experiences in learning and working on real-life scenarios in the realm of the conservation and management of Cultural Heritage (More info: https://www.yococu2020.com/2019/11/03/welcome/
*YOCOCU 2020 topics*
The topics of the Conference are:
1. New experiences in the museum.
2. Traditional and innovative products in terms of methodologies and materials for the conservation of Cultural Heritage.
3. New strategies in conservation and valorization of archaeological sites and buildings.
4. Conservation of street art and other modern materials through specific chemical products.
5. Interpretation and presentation of Cultural Heritage (exhibition design).
6. Edutainment for education, storytelling and Cultural Heritage.
7. The tradition of the folklore in the Cultural Heritage innovation (New YOCOCU 2020 topic: The role of intangible Cultural Heritage in promoting and disseminating the cultural identity of a community is increasingly important. This session aims to highlight the expressions in this field that make use of innovation for the enhancement of the traditional folk expressions).
8. Natural risk assessment for the protection of Cultural Heritage.
The final detail program will be disclosed to the enrolled participants on 3th April 2020.The official language of the Conference will be English.
A service of translation English/Georgian will be provided for citizens and schools during the first day (19th May).
You can join YOCOCU using one or both the following options:
*1. Send Us Your Videos!*
You can take part in this new approach by sending us a short video (max 3 min.) in English where you describe your contribution (case study, research) as shown in the following demo video:
The video should be send using Wetransfer to email@example.com
. Together with the video, the participants are required to register themselves using the registration form available on www.yococu2020.com
*2. Submit your abstract*
All abstracts must be submitted and presented in English according to the following format: abstract_template_YOCOCU2020 and the approval of all co-authors must be obtained before placing their names on the abstract. Authors may submit as many abstracts as they wanted. The abstract text is limited 500 words.
Deadline to submit abstract or videos is the 27th of January 2020
The notification of acceptance will be sent via email by the 17th of February 2020
YOCOCU members: free
Fee for local and regional researchers and professionals: 50 euros
Fee for students: 25 euros
Fee for others: 80 euros
*Journal for papers publication* on the basis of specific topics:
- Caucasus Journal of the Social Sciences (Special Issue dedicated)
- Journal of Cultural Heritage (the best 4 papers)
- Natural Products
- Heritage (Special Issue dedicated)
- International Journal of Architectural Heritage
For all details about the conference (Scientific and Organizing Committees, Venues, Deadlines...) please to visit the web: www.yococu2020.com
If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org