International Symposium: CONSOLIDATION 2021
Stone consolidation is perhaps the most complex and difficult challenge in the field of stone conservation, and accordingly has been the focus of significant research efforts. This symposium aims to gather researchers and practitioners in a dedicated forum, to go deeper into the subject highlighting recent developments and discussing past experiences, to bring new ideas and proposals to the fore.
• General aspects on stone decay as basic input to decide on consolidation options,
• Identification, characterisation and documentation of deterioration patterns,
• Laboratory research on consolidants,
• Selection of consolidation treatments. Criteria and decision-making approaches,
• Onsite input requirements to consolidation,
• Practical experiences on consolidation,
• Past and present drawbacks of stone consolidation,
• Monitoring of practical case studies,
• New approaches in stone consolidation. Future perspectives,
• Ethics, principles, guidelines, and other immaterial landmarks in stone consolidation,
• History of stone consolidation.
Call for abstracts
Papers are welcome on either research and theoretical themes, or on the practical implementation of consolidation treatments. Authors are asked to submit abstracts of up to 500 words, including bibliographical references and figures, by February 29th, 2020. Authors will be notified of the acceptance by March 30th the latest.
February 29th, 2020: Deadline for submission of abstracts.
May 31st, 2020: Last day of early bird registration fee.
July 31st, 2020: Deadline for submission of extended abstracts and full manuscripts.
August 31st, 2020: Last day for authors to register if papers are to be included in the symposium publications (acceptance of submissions will be communicated before this date).