Duty Station: Rome, Italy
Unit: Administration Unit
Type of contract: Fixed Term, renewable
Term: Two years (six-months probation period)
Overview of the Functions of the Post
We are embarking on a major change programme to deliver new ways of working to improve our efficiency and to make progress towards becoming a great place to work. We are looking for a Human Resources Assistant who wants to contribute to the pursuit of serving our Member States to promote the conservation of all forms of cultural heritage in every region of the world by supporting existing HR administration processes and helping shape an ongoing improvement programme.
ICCROM seeks an HR Assistant to implement and codesign effective Human Resources administrative-related processes and activities to ensure accountability and compliance in human resources management.
The HR Assistant will work in ICCROM’s Administration Unit and report to the Human Resources Officer. The post is based at ICCROM Headquarters in Rome, Italy. Within delegated authority, the HR Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
- Assist in managing contractual and administrative arrangements for staff members and consultants to ensure compliance with the ICSC contractual framework, other relevant international standards and internal contract management policies and procedures.
- Maintain and administer the systems of salaries (including allowances and benefits), oversee the payroll process management (including attendance management) and assist the HR budget forecasting operations.
- Act as a focal point for Social Security issues (pension fund, health and medical insurance) to ensure alignment between accounting colleagues and internal and external stakeholders (e.g., UNJSPF, FAO Medical Service and others).
- Coordinate and implement the internship training programme in line with organizational needs and priorities.
- Collaborate with the HR Officer to maintain and implement administrative issues related to various HR processes (e.g., screening for recruitment and filing of forms for performance management).
- Liaise with the accounting and finance colleagues to accurately administer the payroll and contract management processes.
- Ensure smooth management of the onboarding and offboarding processes together with ICT and logistics colleagues.
- Collaborate as necessary with colleagues at the Regional Office on HR-related issues in close coordination with the HR Officer.
- University degree in Business Administration, Economics or Law; specializations or Masters degree in Human Resources Management is an asset.
- Human Resources certifications, such as HRCI (HR Certification Institute) or PHR (Professional in Human Resources), are a plus.
2. Work experience
- Minimum of two (2) years of relevant professional experience in the human resources field with similar tasks; preferably one (1) year acquired in the UN common system.
- Demonstrated proficiency in handling HR administrative processes (payroll, contract management, salaries and social security), preferably in the UN common system.
3. Skills and knowledge
- Excellent knowledge of the main aspects of HR administrative processes and terms of employment.
- Excellent knowledge in assisting and supporting the development of Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) and in implementing HR analytics dashboards.
- Good knowledge of the overall HR employee lifecycle.
- A genuine passion for cultural heritage and promoting its conservation.
- Comfort with data and research to drive efforts.
- Results focus: takes accountability for the delivery of agreed results in service of the strategic directions and plans, and demonstrates an understanding of how these contribute to the goals of ICCROM.
- Planning and organizing: establishes a realistic and systematic course of action to accomplish objectives, determines priorities, and allocates resources effectively.
- Innovates and embrace change: demonstrates initiative and creativity, developing new ideas and approaches and taking initiatives, when required. Continually seeks to improve the knowledge, skills and work processes.
- Decision making: forms sound, evidence-based judgments, makes choices, assesses risks to delivery, and takes accountability for results. Takes responsibility for own words and actions and can be relied upon consistently.
- Building and maintaining relationships: builds and maintains relationships outside own immediate team, partnerships and networks to achieve common goals.
English and French are the working languages of ICCROM. This position requires fluency in English or French (both oral and written). The knowledge of Arabic, Italian, Spanish or any other language is an added advantage.
The salary and the allowances are net of taxes but subject to various deductions, such as the employee’s portion for medical insurance and contribution to the United Nations Pension Fund. For full details, you can visit Salary scales for staff in the General Service in Italy (Revision 98).
Selection and Recruitment Process
Send completed applications in English no later than 7-DEC-2022 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please state the position title (Human Resources Assistant) in the subject, and include the following documents in PDF format:
- Motivation letter
- Updated CV in English
- Complete Personal History Form (P11)
Applications missing any of the above elements will not be considered. No modifications can be made to the application submitted. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality.
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted within two weeks after the deadline, and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
ICCROM recalls that paramount consideration in appointing staff members shall be the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, technical competence and integrity. ICCROM applies a zero-tolerance policy against all forms of harassment. ICCROM is committed to achieving and sustaining equitable and diverse geographical distribution and gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, ICCROM is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture.