Duty Station: Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
Unit: Programmes Unit
Type of contract: Fixed Term, renewable
Term: Two years (six-month probation period)
Overview of the Functions of the Post
In the Programmes Unit, we ensure that programmes are relevant, of high quality and serve to build capacity across Member States within the agreed-upon strategic directions of ICCROM. In particular, the office focuses on implementing the ATHAR flagship programme and implements other plans in the Arab region.
ICCROM seeks a Programmes Assistant (ATHAR) to implement and effectively develop the administrative operations in the ATHAR Programme to ensure that all accounting matters are in order, accurately calculated and reported.
The Programmes Assistant will work in ICCROM’s Programmes Unit and report to the Programme Manager. The post is based at the ICCROM Regional Office in Sharjah, UAE. Within delegated authority, the program assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
- Provide secretarial administrative and operational support services, prioritizing activities to ensure the team can operate efficiently and deliver work against set deadlines.
- Maintain and implement the outgoing invoicing cycle for the main sponsor and other external funds.
- Devise, elaborate, analyze and evaluate financial reports to donors for approval (including quarterly financial statements, budget envelopes and monitoring of expenditures) on a regular basis, explain any variances in plans, and produce reports and draft correspondence as requested and/or needed.
- Assist office colleagues in managing petty cash and ensure related registration per internal guidelines. Start the payment process in SAP promptly to control the payment date and manage fund reservations appropriately.
- Liaise with the Procurement Assistant in HQ to plan, develop and buy materials, goods, supplies and equipment in a timely and cost-effective way.
- Ensure proper inventory control of assets and liabilities within the Regional Office in collaboration with HQ logistics colleagues.
- Collaborate as necessary with colleagues at the HQ on accountancy and administration-related issues.
- University degree in Finance, Economics or Business Administration.
- Certifications in one or more accounting-related areas (procurement included) as an advanced.
- Work experience
- Minimum of two (2) years of relevant professional experience in the human resources field with similar tasks, preferably one (1) year acquired in an international organization.
- Demonstrated proficiency in handling administrative processes (invoicing, financial reporting, procurement, etc.), preferably in an international organization.
- Skills and knowledge
- Excellent knowledge of the main aspects of administrative processes and operational support.
- Excellent knowledge of main financial and economic systems (accounting systems, proficiency use of Excel, reporting systems) and procedures.
- A genuine passion for cultural heritage and promoting its conservation.
- Results focus: takes accountability for the delivery of agreed results in service of the strategic directions and plans and demonstrates an understanding of how these contribute to the goals of ICCROM.
- Planning and organizing: establishes a realistic and systematic course of action to accomplish objectives, determines priorities, and allocates resources effectively.
- Innovates and embraces change: demonstrates initiative and creativity, developing new ideas and approaches and taking initiative when required. Continually seeks to improve the knowledge, skills and work processes.
- Decision making: forms sound, evidence-based judgments, makes choices, assesses risks to delivery, and takes accountability for results. Takes responsibility for own words and actions and can be relied upon consistently.
- Building and maintaining relationships: builds and maintains relationships outside own immediate team, partnerships and networks to achieve common goals.
- English and French are the working languages of ICCROM. This position requires fluency in Arabic and English (both oral and written). The knowledge of French, Italian, Spanish or any other language is an added advantage.
The salary and the allowances are net of taxes but subject to various deductions, such as the employee’s portion for medical insurance and contribution to the United Nations Pension Fund. For full details, you can visit the Salary scales for staff in the General Service category in the United Arab Emirates (Revision 17, Amendment 1).
Selection and Recruitment Process
Send completed applications in English no later than 10-DEC-2023 to email@example.com
Please state the position title (Programmes Assistant) in the subject, and include the following documents in PDF format:
- Motivation letter
- Updated CV in English
- Complete Personal History Form (P11)
Applications must include all of the above elements to be considered. No modifications can be made to the application submitted. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality.
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted within two weeks after the deadline, and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
ICCROM recalls that the paramount consideration in appointing staff members shall be securing the highest standards of efficiency, technical competence and integrity. ICCROM applies a zero-tolerance policy against all forms of harassment. ICCROM is committed to achieving and sustaining equitable and diverse geographical distribution and gender parity among its staff members in all categories and grades. Furthermore, ICCROM is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture.