The 5th International Conference Green Conservation Of Cultural Heritage is announced as a stage to present the developments and new perspectives for sustainability in the Cultural Heritage field! It will take place in the evocative environment of the National Museum of Art in Timişoara (Romania) from 4 to 5 May 2023.
As in the past editions, the conference will represent an inspiring space for people, organizations, and companies wishing to share ideas and thoughts to make a real change in the way of conceiving sustainability in the sector.
The Green Conservation Conference will be devoted to discussing the different interpretations of the concept of “green”, aiming at stimulating discussion and accelerating the development and implementation of eco-sustainable materials and methods for Cultural Heritage conservation. Health safety, environmental protection, technologies for Cultural Heritage preservation in museums and cultural sites, and restoration treatments, are just a hint of the topics foreseen for the Green Conservation Conference. Authors presenting contributions on the following topics will be considered for participation in the conference:
- Green and sustainable building practices for museums and architectural Cultural Heritage.
- Sustainable exhibition design.
- Experiences to transform ‘environmentally sustainable’ practices into ‘common’ practices.
- National and international sustainable projects for Cultural Heritage and landscapes.
- Sustainable and ecological solutions engaging Cultural Heritage, landscapes, and the local context.
- Suitable practices for sustainable tourism
- Biotechnology for conservation and development of bio-based products.
- Green chemistry and nanotechnology for eco-friendly conservation
- Feasibility of innovative green methods, products, and strategies.
The deadline for the submission of abstracts is 30 March 2023
Video contribution deadline 12 April 2023
The deadline for registrations is 20 April 2023