- 25 – 26 October 2021 - Council 95
- 27 – 28 October 2021 - General Assembly 32
- 29 October 2021 - Council 96
* Due to the global pandemic, the location and/or format of these events will be defined in due course
ICCROM is governed by a General Assembly and a Council.
The General Assembly meets in ordinary session every two years in Rome, Italy, and it consists of delegates from all ICCROM member states, usually government officials or experts associated with conservation and restoration of cultural properties.
The General Assembly determines the general policies of ICCROM. It approves its biennial Programme of Work and Budget (PWB), elects the Council members and appoints the Director-General. The Assembly’s other functions include approving reports on Council and Secretariat activities; determining Member State contributions, adopting ICCROM’s financial regulations and approving changes to the Statutes.
Acting under the authority of the General Assembly, the Council monitors the execution of the Programme of Work and Budget (PWB) of the organization and formulates long-term policies of the agency in close collaboration with the director-general. It guides ICCROM in the elaboration of the Programme of Work and Budget, reports on its progress and makes recommendations to the General Assembly.
The Council includes 25 persons, elected by the General Assembly from within its members, and six ex officio members representing UNESCO, the Italian Government, Instituto Superiore per la Conservazione ed il Restauro, as well as the International Council of Museums (ICOM), the International Council on Monuments and Sites (ICOMOS) and the International Union for Conservation of Nature ( IUCN). Council members are elected for four years for a maximum of two consecutive terms.
- Oliver Martin
- John Robbins
- Michaela Hanssen
- Hilde DE CLERCQ - (Belgium)
- Sarkis EL KHOURY - (Lebanon)
- Aglal M. Elzubair EL MALIK - (Sudan)
- Oliver MARTIN - (Switzerland)
- Thembelani NHLABATSI - (Eswatini)
- Isabel RAPOSO DE MAGALHÃES - (Portugal)
- Birgitta RINGBECK – (Germany)
- John ROBBINS - (United States of America)
- Nina SHANGINA - (Russian Federation)
- Julia Antonia VICIOSO VARELAS - (Dominican Republic)
- Gihane ZAKI - (Egypt)
- Kamil ZEIDLER - (Poland)
- Ye ZHU - (China)
- Yong Jae CHUNG - (Republic of Korea)
- Maria Florencia GEAR - (Argentina)
- Michaela HANSSEN - (Netherlands)
- Monther JAMHAWI - (Jordan)
- Patricia KELL - (Canada)
- Ana LABORDE MARQUEZE - (Spain)
- Aline MAGNIEN - (France)
- Kazuhiko NISHI - (Japan)
- Rooksana OMAR - (South Africa)
- Zoe REID - (Ireland)
- Mohammad Hassan TALEBIAN - (Iran, Islamic Republic of)
- Ola WETTERBERG -(Sweden)
In addition to these elected members, the ICCROM Council has as ex officio members representing:
United Arab Emirates