The dates, location and/or format of the forthcoming governance meetings will be defined in due course.
- 19 January 2023 - Informal Council Meeting
- 20 March 2023 - Member States Induction Briefing
- 17 - 18 April 2023 - Bureau
- 16 May 2023 - Finance and Audit Committee
- 24 - 25 July 2023 - Extraordinary session of the Council to select new Director-General
- 19 September 2023 - Finance and Audit Committee
- 31 October 2023 - Bureau
- 1 November 2023 - Council 98
- 2 - 3 November 2023 - General Assembly
- 4 November 2023 - Council 99
ICCROM is governed by a General Assembly and a Council.
The General Assembly meets in ordinary session every two years in Rome, Italy, and it consists of delegates from all ICCROM member states, usually government officials or experts associated with conservation and restoration of cultural properties.
The General Assembly determines the general policies of ICCROM. It approves its biennial Programme of Work and Budget (PWB), elects the Council members and appoints the Director-General. The Assembly’s other functions include approving reports on Council and Secretariat activities; determining Member State contributions, adopting ICCROM’s financial regulations and approving changes to the Statutes.
Acting under the authority of the General Assembly, the Council monitors the execution of the Programme of Work and Budget (PWB) of the organization and formulates long-term policies of the agency in close collaboration with the director-general. It guides ICCROM in the elaboration of the Programme of Work and Budget, reports on its progress and makes recommendations to the General Assembly.
The Council includes 25 persons, elected by the General Assembly from within its members, and six ex officio members representing UNESCO, the Italian Government, the Istituto Centrale per il Restauro, as well as the International Council of Museums (ICOM), the International Council on Monuments and Sites (ICOMOS) and the International Union for Conservation of Nature ( IUCN). Council members are elected for four years for a maximum of two consecutive terms.
- Benoît DUBOSSON
- Julia Antonia VICIOSO VARELAS, Finance and Administration
- Kenza DUFOURMANTELLE, Planning
- Norah ALKHAMIS
- Juan Diego BADILLO REYES
- Fadi BALAAWI
- María del Carmen CASTRO BARRERA
- Camille DE CLERCQ
- Nanette DE JONG
- Ziva DOMINGOS
- Kenza DUFOURMANTELLE
- Benoît DUBOSSON
- Anthi KALDELI
- Purity KIURA
- Ana LABORDE MARQUEZE
- Aline MAGNIEN
- Kazuhiko NISHI
- Isabel RAPOSO DE MAGALHÃES
- Moctar SANFO
- Manvi SETH
- Nina SHANGINA
- Lasha SHARTAVA
- Julia Antonia VICIOSO VARELAS
- Ji-young SHIN
- Sarkis WAJIH EL KHOURY
- Alexandra WARR
- Ola WETTERBERG
- Ye ZHU
In addition to these elected members, the ICCROM Council has as ex officio members representing:
United Arab Emirates