NOTICE: Owing to the Covid19 situation the ICCROM Library unfortunately remains closed to the public until further notice. The document delivery service is regularly available. Please excuse any inconvenience.
Supporting a diversity of cultures by ensuring a diversity of resources
Established in 1961 in Rome, the ICCROM Library is the leading conservation Library in the world. Our mandate to collect, study and circulate information is embedded in Article 1 of ICCROMs Statutes.
Our mission is to support the international community of scholarly heritage researchers and practitioners by building a collection of resources in multiple languages and formats, guaranteeing their preservation and providing access, both on site and remotely.
All relevant resources are made available, findable and accessible to everyone.
- Cultural heritage conservation and restoration study materials
- Free access
- Books and journals in 72 languages
- Online catalogue containing 125,000 entries
- Open stacks
- Reading room
- Reference desk
- Electronic journals database
- E-book lending
- Document delivery
Subject areas include
- Theory and history of restoration
- Museums and museum objects
- Built heritage and sites
- Libraries and archives
- Materials conservation
- Scientific analysis
- Disaster and risk management, illicit traffic
- Legal protection, documentation, training
- Cultural heritage management
Please note – The ICCROM Library does not lend paper materials. Paper materials may be accessed only in the reading room. Instead, for some electronic media loan is available. Besides, the Library offers Reference and Document Delivery Services.
Need more information? Contact us