Annual Donor’s meeting for World Heritage Leadership
On 11 April 2019, the Annual Donor’s Meeting for the World Heritage Leadership Programme took place at the Ministry of Climate and Environment in Oslo, Norway.
The Norwegian Ministry of Climate and Environment hosted the donor’s meeting this year together with ICCROM, IUCN and the Directorate for Cultural Heritage (Riksantikvaren).
Now in its third year of implementation, the World Heritage Leadership Programme is progressing towards updating the World Heritage Resource manuals on Managing Cultural Heritage, Managing Natural Heritage, and Managing Disaster Risks. Work is also moving forward to update the Guidance on impact assessment for heritage, and the management effectiveness assessment tool called Enhancing our Heritage. Content buildup for these guidance materials are linked with diverse capacity building activities and workshops for wider dissemination.
The meeting reviewed the overall progress of work and discussed further ways to enhance the long lasting impact of the programme.
Representatives attending the meeting were:
- Einar Holtane, Ministry of Climate and Environment, Norway
- Berit Halvorsen, Ministry of Climate and Environment, Norway
- Siri Kloster, Ministry of Climate and Environment, Norway
- Ingunn Kvisterøy, Ministry of Climate and Environment, Norway
- Anne Nyhamar, Directorate of Cultural Heritage, Norway
- Peter Shadie, IUCN
- Tim Badman, IUCN (online)
- Joseph King, ICCROM
- Eugene Jo, ICCROM
Member State represented: Norway