We at ICCROM were happy to see many new faces in the first quarter of 2023, with more people than ever working together in our offices in Rome, Italy, and Sharjah, United Arab Emirates.
This quarter, we welcomed Komal Potdar from India as an ICCROM Fellow. Komal is a conservation architect and currently a doctoral candidate with HERILAND, a pan-European research and training network on cultural heritage in relation to spatial planning and design. Her research proposes an explorative database of attributes and indicators based on 2011 UNESCO Historic Urban Landscape recommendations and the UN-Habitat 2017 New Urban Agenda.
We also welcomed ten new interns this quarter:
- Djimmy Djiffa Edah, from Benin, joined Youth.Heritage.Africa
- Genevieve Gorham, from the United Kingdom, joined the Sustainability and Built Heritage programme
- Patrick Gregory, from the United States, joined the ICCROM Library
- Virginie Julémont, from Belgium, joined to help with RE-ORG
- Boris Koubga, from Cameroon, joined Youth.Heritage.Africa
- Rania Omer, from Sudan, joined the ICCROM-Sharjah Regional Office to assist with communications
- Farwah Rizvi, from Pakistan, joined ICCROM Communications
- Gaëtan Schlosser, from France, joined the Partnership and Communication Unit
- Vanessa Winghei Yeung, from China, joined the “Our Collections Matter” initiative
- Lingran Zhang, from China, joined the World Heritage Leadership programme