ICCROM in collaboration with the Instituto del Patrimonio Cultural de España (IPCE), the Coordinación Nacional de Conservación del Patrimonio Cultural (CNCPC- INAH) México, and the Real Academia de España en Roma (MAEC/AECID).
This seminar aims at specifying the information gathered during the “Congress on Experiences in risk management for cultural heritage in Iberoamerica” held online from 15 to 19 November 2021, and jointly organised by ICCROM and CNCPC-INAH. This congress showed how different countries in the region are facing risks, through risk reduction mechanisms, and new methods for prevention, mitigation, response and recovery for cultural heritage and the communities associated with it.
This seminar will focus on the impact of visitors on archaeological sites with case studies from different regions.
The seminar aims to explore approaches and experiences with visitors and tourism on archaeological sites, with three sessions. It will specifically focus on the impact of visitors in conservation, management and interpretation of archaeological sites.
The seminar agenda will be separated into three sessions, with case studies from Bolivia, Colombia, Egypt, Greece, Guatemala, Italy, Kenya, Mexico, Nigeria, Peru, South Africa and Spain,
- Mª Paz Pérez Chivite, Spain
- Maria Mertzani, Greece
- Dina Bakhoum, Egypt
- Alfredo Prada Freixedo, Spain
- Sandra Cruz Flores, Mexico
- Thalía Velasco Castelán, Mexico
- Alessandro Lugari, Italy
- Federica Rinaldi, Italy
- Marta Santos Retolaza, Spain
- Jane Thompson, Instead Heritage
- María Belem Gómez de la Torre, Peru
- Jose Antonio López Mira, Spain
- María Paula Álvarez, Colombia
- María Ángeles Querol Fernández, Spain
- Pilar Fernández Colón, Spain
- Thabo Kgomommu, South Africa
- Andrea von Vacano Montenegro, Bolivia
- Terry Little, Nigeria
- Heather Hurst, USA
- Manuel Gándara, Mexico
Links for YouTube Livestream
16 May 2023
17 May 2023
18 May 2023