Join the “Net Zero: Heritage for Climate Action” Conference, 19 – 23 February 2024
Cross-Linking Culture with Climate Science in the pursuit of Net Zero and Safeguarding Cultural Heritage
Join ICCROM's First Aid and Resilience of Cultural Heritage in Times of Crisis (FAR) programme for the upcoming international conference, "Net Zero: Heritage for Climate Action." Following the success of the Climate.Culture.Peace Conference in January 2022, this event aims to delve deeper into the connection between cultural heritage and climate science.
After the successful completion of fieldwork at the five innovation sites of the Net Zero: Heritage for Climate Action project, a two-year capacity development initiative supported by the Swedish Postcode Foundation, ICCROM’s FAR programme is excited to announce an online international conference. The conference has three main objectives:
- Highlight the findings at the five innovation sites that identify ways in which cultural heritage can contribute to climate action.
- Gather and disseminate tools and innovative strategies for climate risk management to spark further research and collaboration in the field.
- Share best examples on how to assess climate risks to heritage and associated communities.
Ways in which you can join the conference
- Share your recent research or field projects on culture-based climate action. (A call for proposals will be released shortly)
- Participate in discussions and take part in the 2-day online workshop scheduled from 19-20 February 2024
- Share the call widely, encouraging emerging professionals from relevant fields to participate in the conferenceTo join and contribute to the conference - REGISTER HERE